Hello and Welcome! We are happy that you will be joining RMI as a participant in one of their many courses being held at Tierra Retreat Center in Leavenworth, Washington. As part of your stay, we want you to be comfortable and ready for anything that gets thrown your way. For this reason, we have created a packing list that will be useful to you while staying with us over the next month.
At Tierra, we experience four distinct seasons as part of our climate. Certainly, what you pack will be determined heavily by the time of year that you will be staying with us. Please keep in mind that this list is a reference rather than a definitive guide. For up to date weather information, please feel free to contact our Retreat Center Manager Jen Caldwell at email@example.com. Safe Travels!
The Staff of Tierra Retreat Center
Packing List and Other General Infomation
Indoor and Personal Care Items:
· Indoor Shoes or Slippers
· Bath Robe
· Body Towel, Hand Towel and Washcloth (Towels are not provided for RMI students)
· Soap, Shampoo, Toothpaste, Hair Drier and Toiletries (These items are not provided to RMI students)
· Earplugs and/or an Eye Pillow (If you have trouble falling asleep.)
· Water Bottle and/or Travel Mug
· Laptop or Tablet (Wireless available in Main Lodge Only)
Please NO incense or candles in any of the room suites. Absolutely NO SMOKING of any kind in room suites.
· Flashlight or Headlamp (Just in case!)
· Outdoor Shoes or Boots (Snow-ready footwear recommended between November and April)
· Yak Tracks or Similar Shoe Cleats (Recommended between November and April)
· Swimsuit (For the hot tub year-round or hitting the beach between May and October)
· Insulated Clothing (for layering)
· Waterproof Jacket and Pants
· Any sports equipment for your personal recreation needs (running shoes, hiking boots, kayak, skis, snowboard, mountain bike, soccer ball, football etc…)
· Portable Hammock
Please keep in mind that we are located at the end of a dirt road. Driving conditions can be variable. Expect mud and potholes in the spring and fall and ice and snow in the winter. If you are arriving during the winter, please try and bring a 4WD or AWD vehicle. If you have a 2WD vehicle, please have chains available and know how to use them. We do our best to keep our roads cleared and passable (In the winter, we plow and sand as needed. In the spring and fall we patch potholes frequently). However, we appreciate any effort you can personally make to be prepared.
Cell phone reception is spotty at Tierra. This is due to our mountainous topography and lack of cell towers in the area. The best carrier in our region is Verizon. All other carriers have a faint signal in our canyon. You may need to walk around a bit on the property before you find a sweet spot where reception for your carrier is available. We do offer an outgoing long distance phone for guest use in the Main Lodge. This is for domestic calls only. If you plan on making international calls while on-site please have a calling card available. Thank you for your understanding.